MULTIPLE HOSPITALS. FEW CONSISTENCIES
Standardizing billing and first party collection across 10 hospitals required a three-way partnership. Not only did Alorica work closely with both the client and its partner, Connance, to help our client achieve its goals, but we also leveraged the partnership in innovative ways to further improve patient satisfaction and increase performance liquidation rates.
- Lack of standardization in procedures and policies across the organization’s numerous hospitals
- Data not aligned in a uniform manner across sites
- No uniform methodology to rate and compare multiple hospitals’ performance
- Reduced aging for balance after insurance and straight self-pay
- Increased performance liquidation
- Improved patient loyalty and brand image by achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Standardized policies and procedures across the organization
Multiple Hospitals, Few Standardized Procedures.
A leading Massachusetts community-based accountable care organization comprised of 10 hospitals was challenged to standardize billing and collection practices. At the time, each hospital was operating somewhat independently, with only some hospitals sharing a patient accounting system.
By creating a Central Billing Office and bringing all accounting and collection systems onto one platform, the organization sought to standardize processes, up the efficiency of billing and collection, and improve overall customer satisfaction.
It’s that kind of challenge that gets us up in the morning.
Setting a Standard in Standardization.
Alorica (through its subsidiary, EGS Financial Care, Inc.) was engaged to deliver Customer Service and Self-Pay Revenue Cycle Management Extended Office Services. At the onset, multiple interfaces existed between Alorica and the numerous hospitals. To help standardize accounting systems and procedures, the client contracted with leading healthcare accounts receivable management solution provider.
With the client’s partner on board, the client was now able to channel data from each of the hospital systems into a central platform called Agency Manager. Meanwhile, to integrate our own system, we developed multiple interfaces with the Agency Manager and appointed a dedicated project manager to ensure the entire process went smoothly.
As a result, Alorica successfully:
- Modified its connectivity methods to integrate with Agency Manager
- Created custom electronic work queue files
- Provided history and explanation of existing processes
- Shared and updated documentation
- Established a Client Procedural Manual to standardize policies across all hospitals
- Used Agency Manager reports to augment our own internal auditing and performance tools
Improved Patient Satisfaction and Increased Self-Pay Revenue Performance.
Alorica remains focused on delivering exceptional customer service. We recognized that representing the client and projecting a positive image in the community was vital to maintaining and growing the client’s patient base, so we proactively decided to extend our partnership with our client’s partner. We contracted directly with them to use a predictive analytics product, EVI, to provide segmentation scoring for the client’s self-pay claims. Informed by predicative analytics for each patient, Alorica could enhance liquidation results and improve patient customer satisfaction.
Click the link above to download the full case study.