The client—a security software company—required a very specific agent profile to provide world-class technical support to their highly-knowledgeable customer base. After a complete assessment, we concluded that our proprietary hiring analytics platform would play a key role in sourcing the right talent for this nearshore operation.
Download our We’ve Got Their Back (Up’s)! A Hiring Analytics Case Study to learn more.
- Launch a nearshore operation—close to the client’s home-base, and with agents who possess strong English-speaking skills
- Identify, train and deploy a team of qualified agents to handle chat and email channels
- Demonstrate success in the first wave, and prepare for a larger deployment
- Using hiring analytics and advanced agent profiling, 100% of chat/email applicants that were hired graduated training and passed rigorous client clearance QA processes with flying colors
- CSAT scores jumped by 73%; performing 10% higher vs. client’s in-house team
- We anticipate 150% growth with the client
Starting Small and Thinking Big.
Handling chat and email channels can be more complicated than voice-based technical support work, so finding a team of qualified agents presented as a unique test. The client discovered this first-hand, as their existing team couldn’t run concurrent chats and made missteps—and simply didn’t have the bandwidth to support everything at once. Shortly after launching our program, we successfully migrated the first wave of voice-support agents over to chat and email—and buoyed by their success, prepared to expand.
Multitasking to the Rescue!
Our agents in this program are in a totally different kind of position; they not only need to be proficient in tech support but have to be able to toggle between multiple conversations at once. Our proprietary hiring analytics platform played a key role in sourcing the right talent; this technology allowed us to construct the ideal agent profile, and we used the platform to screen candidates for their multitasking abilities, ultimately hiring agents best suited for the complex, multi-channel work. The new, Jamaica-based team quickly exceeded expectations in both customer satisfaction (CSAT) and overall Quality Assurance (QA). Coupled with cutting down Average Handle Time (AHT) and the cost savings this nearshore location offered, the client was thrilled
Thanks to the success of the program, we continue to absorb more volume from the client, and we are currently exploring ways to expand lines of business. We began with just a few agents in this multi-channel support role, and we’re on pace to more than quadruple the number of agents by the end of 2019. We estimate that that once the team is fully up to speed, we’ll average up to two concurrent chats at all times—and we’re pretty darn proud of that