Alorica CMO Talks About the Feedback Economy
How to Leverage the Feedback Economy to Provide Insanely Great Customer Service
Shep Hyken interviews Colson Hillier, Chief Marketing Officer of Alorica. They discuss the feedback economy and how to leverage customer feedback to improve the customer experience
- Companies spend billions of dollars building their brands, retail stores, and products. But, when it comes down to the moment that’s most impactful for a customer, it usually comes down to their interaction with a customer service agent.
- The feedback economy shifts the service model on its head. There is less focus on broadcasting why your company is great. The focus is on listening to the customer, understanding their pain points, and creating more systemic changes to address them.
- There are thousands of avenues for empowered consumers to make their voices heard. You need the right tools to harness all this feedback and take action.
- Social channels don’t discriminate. Companies have to learn to change their processes, technologies, and products to be responsive. The customers need to be the center of a company’s strategy.
- Technology is only a piece of what it takes to get the customer service equation right. You need the right judgment and empathy to take action and help your customers.
- Customer service happens throughout the entire customer journey. The overall user experience is a function of an ecosystem of partners for delivery. Employees, and in some instances, companies need to collaborate to create a great customer experience.
- Policies should be rules or guidelines that empower employees to help the customer instead of hindering service.
“The customer is the center of everything that you do.”
“Always put the customer and their voice as your north star in how you think about providing service.”
“At the end of the day, it comes down to listening. Leverage your socials and content reviews as business assets.”
“Customer feedback is your biggest resource. The customer can guide you to your success.”
Colson Hillier is the Chief Marketing Officer for Alorica. He oversees the planning, development, and execution of Alorica’s marketing and communications strategy, as well as initiatives tied to the company’s brand principles, value proposition, and revenue growth.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How do you empower customer service agents?
- What is the feedback economy?
- How do you use customer feedback to improve customer service?
- Can companies successfully outsource customer service?
- How do you find out what people are saying about your company?
The article was originally published on Amazing Business Radio at: https://bit.ly/34jvR6j
Get the Report
By creating an account to access our gated information, you agree that you may receive communications from Alorica Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries, such as newsletters, special offers, and account reminders and updates. You also understand that you can remove yourself from these communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of the actual email.